I'm Dr. Jingshu Zhu, former lawyer and anthropologist turned transformational coach.
My coaching style is personal and vulnerable.
I prefer working on themes that I had been struggling with and gained embodied insights so that your fragile parts would not feel alone:
- Sexual trauma (I made a video about my healing journey)
- Eating disorder
- Body image problems
- Low self-esteem
- Imposter syndrome; strong inner critic
- People pleasing, hard to say "no"
- Burnout and career crisis
- Affairs and open relationships
- LGBTQ, BDSM, and other sexual minority issues
- Spiritual awakening and grounding in the material world (yes, making money too)
As a sexually abused and bullied child, I lived in fear (unconsciously) for 25 years, wrapping myself in a shell of "high performing, no feeling":
- I longed for intimacy but was also terrified of it, so I could never stay in a long-term or committed relationship;
- I obtained a Ph.D. in Law and Anthropology, yet I still thought I was "not good enough";
- I was very afraid of conflicts, so I learned to please while neglecting my own needs and boundaries;
- I suffered for years from eating disorder and Irritable Bowel Syndrom (IBS);
- My nerve system was constantly on high alert, so I didn't know what "rest" or "play" really meant.
Slowly I discovered, all the symptoms directed to the fact that I lost contact with myself, my unique, vulnerable, and resourceful Self.
- I feel much safer in a committed relationship, starting a family actually;
- I get curious about conflicts and oftentimes manage to find the pearls thereunder;
- The eating disorder and IBS are gone;
- I devote my energy to my passion, and I know how to rest and play;
- While the inner critic and the anxious voice are sometimes still there, I can more easily love them as my sweet protectors.
If you're also going through a similar but also unique "human-shedding" period, I'm here to support you to cultivate an intimate connection with your inner world - your feelings, bodily sensations, needs, shadows, and resources. From there, you'll find yourself harvesting a deeper connection with your loved ones. Effortlessly, you'll connect to the ambition and playfulness in your work-life as well.
And this is the transformation journey I want to co-create with you.
1. I would like to empower you from within.
Have you been going to one retreat after another, following one guru after another, yet still feel frustrated that you can't seem to cope with your day-to-day life?
I would like to help you ground, and find love, wisdom, and power that's always already inside of you. While you'll still learn from others, you'll trust more deeply that you're your own guru.
2. I'm not interested in providing "pain killers" or "placebo" to you.
Whatever the "problem" you think you have, I will not give you a quick fix. Instead, I'll encourage you to stay with your pain (within limits of course), and see what will happen when we don't run away from it.
After all, as Brené Brown puts it, "lasting, meaningful change has to be driven by self-acceptance".
3. I will tailor my tools for your needs.
In working with clients, I may apply mindfulness, Circling (interpersonal meditation), IFS (internal family system), Polyvagal Theory, inner child work, intuitive bodywork inspired by Orthobionomy, etc. Occasionally, I work with psychedelics if we both find it appropriate.
More importantly, I will support you internalize the tools we use, not just to be understood by your brain, but also to integrate them into your day-to-day life.
4. Humor and playfulness is my secret weapon.
I'm an enthusiast for fun growth. I believe laughing, dancing, crawling, celebrating (and, yes, orgasms!) are all part of healing and transformation.
Working with me, you'll get in touch with your most creative and playful inner child, who will make your life 6.9 times easier (I just made that number up :P).
ARE WE A GOOD FIT?
With time, I found that the clients who got the most beneficial results share the following qualities, and I hope that's you, too:
1. You're ready to be responsible for your life.
I'll be a companion on your journey, yet you'll be the one who takes every step. Own your feelings, your needs, your mistakes, and your superpower. This can be scary in the beginning, but you'll soon feel more powerful!
2. You're willing to lean towards the edge of your comfort zone.
I'll encourage you to explore the areas with which you're not so familiar. For instance, if you're highly analytical, you may experience long periods of uncomfortable silence in our sessions; and if you're used to absorbing others' feelings, we'll practice lots of boundary-drawing.
3. You're willing to take action.
Every week, I may tailor an exercise for you. It may be in the form of writing, dancing, drawing, chores or simply doing nothing. Of course, the resistance to taking action per se will also be explored in our sessions.
For some of you, though, _doing nothing _ will be the "action"!
- Gently and systematically diving into your core issues
- Cultivating self-compassion, no transformation without acceptance
- Soothing the nerve system, no more hard work in your career or on yourself
- 8 sessions, 75 minutes per session, in-person or online
- To be finished in 3 months, unless agreed otherwise
Investment: 1500 Euro (including VAT for individuals, excluding VAT for business)
I'm a believer in "slow is smooth, and smooth is fast". Therefore, for most clients, I would recommend a very gentle, non-cathartic approach. (Many of us must be familiar with the one-step-forward-two-steps-back kind of frustration when we went too fast)
Therefore, I only do 1.5 to 2-hour in-depth single sessions if you have already done a lot of inner work and if the issue you want to work on is very concrete.
Investment: 200 euro (including VAT for individuals, excluding VAT for business)
Book a free intake call with me.